Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thanks for the Ride

Now that Antigone has closed, I want to thank everyone who made it a great success. From an amazing cast to brilliant designers to supportive faculty to ultra-reliable crew to a marvelous translation to an audience second to none, we had every ingredient needed for a successful production, and we exceeded the expectations of everyone involved; we even set a new attendance record for the theatre department.

Together we proved that theatre is the most collaborative of the arts as we reached across department boundaries and worked with students and faculty in dance, music, art, humanities, English, and philosophy--not to mention the president of the university himself, whom we all owe for starting the whole process. The spirit of team work was evident from the very start, and I think we are all better off because we worked together. I was continually amazed as I shared my ideas and watched them turn into reality--a reality that became bigger and better than I had imagined.

Thanks again to all involved. It has been an unforgettable experience.