Thursday, October 7, 2010

Opening Night

As a director, it's amazing to see ideas become reality through the work of others. Sometimes I have felt as though I wasn't doing anything. I was just the guy sitting there watching everyone else do all the work, and all I had to do was comment on it. What a wonderful process it has been, and after months of preparation, we have finally arrived at opening night. It has been a wonderful process working with so many talented people; actors, dancers, a musician, designers, stage management, and so many others have helped make the old saying true: Theatre is the most collaborative of all the arts.

I am indebted to so many people for this experience and for it making it so enjoyable. Without the absolute dedication of others, the show would have failed. Instead, we have created a marvelous work of art. In addition to my wonderful cast, design team, the theatre department, and President Holland, I want to give special thanks to Fiona Nelson from the dance department, Ross Hagen from the music department, and Stewart Craig in the art department. Their work was integral to my vision, and they (with everyone else) brought it into reality.

To my cast I wish a wholehearted "Break a leg!"

(Leviticus Brown as Eteocles and Nathan Sinclair Vineyard as Polyneices; photo courtesy Cherie Julander)

Come see the show!

October 7-12
UVU Quad